One-Day Executive Function & College Readiness Workshop for College Students with ADHD
Location: New York, NY, US
August 14, 2018 – 10:00 AM to 5:30 PM
Led by Dr. Jocelyn Lichtin, PhD
This workshop is a day-long course in executive functioning and related college-readiness skills for college students with ADHD. It derives from evidence-based – specifically, cognitivebehavioral – interventions for ADHD that have been shown to lead to significant improvements in ADHD-related symptoms and impairment.
Designed for: College students with ADHD
Objective: Students will learn strategies that lay the groundwork for positive habits, academic
success, and personal growth.
Details: Structured and didactic format. Tools are introduced and practiced in exercises
throughout the day. Small group format allows for individualized attention as well as support
Students will learn to:
- Manage time - including how to structure time, how to balance school work with social life, how long to spend on assignments, when to start, how to overcome procrastination
- Prioritize healthy sleep habits
- Organize paperwork and belongings
- Effectively approach papers, projects, and exams
- Manage meals, laundry, medication, exercise, and communication with family
- Utilize on-campus supports and effectively advocate for yourself
- Monitor emotions, combat unhelpful thinking patterns, utilize coping skills, and know when and how to
- Feel more confident about the ADHD diagnosis and begin to embrace differences
- Throughout this program students learn about ADHD and the ADHD brain - including its assets and its
weaknesses - and how the skills taught will leverage strengths to achieve goals
To enroll: Space is limited. To register, call 212.799.7777 or enroll at www.hallowellcenter.com.
Cost: $900 for the day and is nonrefundable and due upon enrollment.
What to bring: Reliable laptop (and charger) and spending money (for lunch, stationery supplies,
and some toiletries). Breakfast and mid-afternoon snack will be provided. Students are
requested to sign up for a Google account in advance of this workshop, and should bring their
class schedule (if they have it) as well.
Hallowell Center NYC
This Event is no longer available for registration.