One-Day Executive Function Boot Camp for College Students with ADHD
Friday, January 12, 10:00 AM to 5:30 PM
Led by Dr. Jocelyn Lichtin, PhD
This Executive Function Boot Camp is a day-long course in executive functioning and related skills for college students with ADHD. It derives from evidence-based – specifically, cognitive-behavioral – interventions for ADHD that have been shown to lead to significant improvements in ADHD-related symptoms and impairment.
Designed for: College students with ADHD.
Objective: Students will learn strategies that lay the groundwork for positive habits, academic success, and personal growth.
Details: Structured and didactic format. Tools are introduced and practiced in exercises throughout the day. Small group format allows for individualized attention as well as support amongst participants.
Students will learn to:
- Manage time - including how to structure time, how to balance school work with social life, how long to spend on assignments, when to start, how to overcome procrastination
- Prioritize healthy sleep habits
- Organize paperwork and belongings
- Effectively approach studying and written assignments
- Manage meals, laundry, medication, exercise, and communication with family
- Utilize on-campus supports and effectively advocate for yourself
- Monitor emotions, combat unhelpful thinking patterns, and know when and how to seek help
- Feel more confident about the ADHD diagnosis and begin to embrace differences
- Throughout this program students learn about ADHD and the ADHD brain - including its assets and its weaknesses - and how the skills taught will leverage strengths to achieve goals
Date: Friday, January 12, 10:00 AM – 5:30 PM
Enroll Now: Space is limited. To register, call 212.799.7777 or enroll at www.hallowellcenter.com.
Cost: $900 for the day and is nonrefundable and due upon enrollment.
What to bring: Reliable laptop (and charger) and spending money (for lunch, stationery supplies, and some toiletries). Breakfast and mid-afternoon snack will be provided. Students are requested to sign up for a Google account in advance of this workshop, and should bring their spring class schedule (if they have it) as well.